This sweet and savoury slow cooker delight is a real winner! Juicy apricots and succulent chicken breast… need I say more?
- 1-1.5 kgs chicken – that can be drumsticks or diced chicken breast or thighs
- 1 large tin of apricots in natural juices
- 1 packet french onion soup
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 cup water
- Light sour cream
- Place the whole tin of apricot and juice, add french onion soup packet and chopped onion in the slow cooker. Stir together.
- Next, add the stock cube to the water and pour it into the slow cooker.
- Place chicken in the slow cooker and stir gently so that all the chicken is covered in the mixture.
- Cook on high for 3 – 4 hours
- Serve on a bed of rice. We like to add a little dollop of light sour cream on top to add to the richness of the apricots.