Looking for a quick and easy ‘dinner for one’ recipe that is also really tasty to eat? Then try Mediterranean-style chicken and couscous salad!
This recipe serves 1, but if you want to make more, all you need to do is increase the ingredients. It’s a great way to use up leftover vegetables too.
- 1/4 cup wholemeal couscous
- 1/2 cup shredded skinless cooked chicken
- 1/2 green capsicum, deseeded, roughly chopped
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 Kalamata olives
- 125g canned chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- Place couscous in a heatproof bowl and stir in 1/4 cup boiling water. Cover and stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork to separate grains.
- Add chicken, capsicum, tomato, cucumber, olives, chickpeas and lemon juice to the bowl. Toss to combine. Season with pepper. Serve salad drizzled with oil and scattered with basil leaves.