If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to warm up this winter, look no further than this mouthwateringly good soup! Not only is it super easy to whip up in almost no time at all, but it tastes absolutely delicious with so many different flavours working so well together. It’s an incredibly comforting dish to enjoy with family and friends or just for yourself as it’s super easy to package up any left-overs for eating throughout the week. Don’t forget to toast up a piece of crusty bread in the oven to make sure you soak up every last drop of this addictive dinner. Yum!
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1.5kg butternut pumpkin, diced
- 20g butter
- 1 medium leek, trimmed, halved, washed, sliced
- 2 medium cream delight potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1L chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon pure cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Combine pumpkin and garlic in a bowl. Drizzle oil over the top. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine everything well. Arrange pumpkin mixture in single layer over prepared tray. Bake for 40 minutes or until pumpkin is tender and beginning to go golden.
- Squeeze garlic cloves from skin and set aside. Discard skin. Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook leek, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add potato and cook, while stirring, for 5 minutes. Pour in stock plus 2 cups cold water. Season with pepper. Cover. Bring mixture to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 15 minutes or until potato is tender. Stir in roasted pumpkin and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Blend with hand blender, in batches, until smooth. Return to pan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Divide amongst serving bowls. Drizzle with cream and sprinkle with chives. Serve.