Curries are some of the best comfort foods you’ll ever come across and this recipe just upped the ante, simply by tweaking a few of the ingredients so you can enjoy the delicious flavour without any guilt! Although it’s better for you, this creamy coconut curry loses none of its deliciously exciting flavour that everyone already knows and loves. This dish is stocked full of green veggies and even uses quinoa instead of rice to lower your carb intake without any extra effort. Despite all of this, the best part about this tasty dish is how easy it is to whip up in under 40 minutes on those busy weeknights. Enjoy!
- 1 large red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 fresh red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 stick lemongrass, white part only, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander stems and leaves
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 3 teaspoons macadamia oil
- 500g chicken breast fillets, coarsely chopped
- 250ml (1 cup) light coconut milk
- 125ml (1/2 cup) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 350g peeled pumpkin, cut into 2cm pieces
- 200g green beans, halved
- 200g snow peas, halved diagonally
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 300g (2 cups) cooked quinoa, to serve
- Roughly chop half the onion. Thinly slice remaining half. Add roughly chopped half of onion, garlic, ginger, chilli, lemongrass, coriander, lime zest and 2 teaspoons of the oil to bowl of food processor. Process together until coarse paste forms.
- Heat remaining oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add sliced onion. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until aromatic. Add curry paste. Cook, stirring for 1- 2 minutes or until aromatic. Add chicken and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Add the coconut milk, stock and pumpkin. Bring mixture to the boil. Partially cover. Reduce heat to low. Let simmer gently for 10 minutes or until the pumpkin is almost tender.
- Add beans and snow peas to saucepan. Simmer, partially covered, for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Stir through fish sauce and lime juice to taste. Serve with quinoa.