This one-pan dish is perfect for those nights when you don’t feel like cooking but you do feel like enjoying something mouthwateringly good. This recipe really is as easy as throwing everything into the pan and letting it cook together to make a perfectly comforting, aromatic flavour that will be a hit with absolutely everyone who tries it! One of the best things about this dish though is how good it is as a healthier weeknight option to serve up for yourself or the grandkids. It’s also a super easy and tasty way to slip a few extra vegetables into your diet as well as plenty of protein with the chicken. Enjoy!
- 1/2 French shallot, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, plus 1 tbs finely chopped, extra
- 2 large (about 700g) chicken breasts, halved lengthways
- 300g mixed baby tomatoes, halved
- 4 (about 140g) bocconcini, sliced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
Crusty bread, to serve
- Add shallot, garlic, 1 tbs of oil and extra basil to a bowl. Stir well to combine. Heat remaining oil in large ovenproof non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Season chicken. Cook, turning occasionally, for 4 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Remove pan the heat.
- Preheat oven grill to high. Scatter tomato over chicken. Spread half basil mixture over chicken. Top with bocconcini. Spoon remaining basil mixture over the top. Drizzle tomato with vinegar and sprinkle with sugar. Season.
- Grill for 4 minutes or until the cheese melts and tomatoes begin to blister. Sprinkle with basil. Serve.