Valentines Day is one of those commercialised holidays that we still love to celebrate. It can be difficult to find something to do without having to pay big dollars for presents or experiences.
Lucky for you, there are still lots of things you can do with your special someone that will keep your savings in your pocket.
These are our top five favourite things to do on Valentines Day without breaking the bank… What ideas do you have? Tell us your top five favourite dates by numbering them from five to one in the comments below!
5. A twilight stroll. For some people, just being together is enough to celebrate Valentines Day. Do something small, with just the two of you and go for a romantic twilight stroll around your neighbourhood. It is a great time to chat and reminisce on all of those years that have gone by!
4. Create a life story. Get creative together! Have some photos of your lives printed and spend quality time together creating a photo-story on a canvas board. Just glue or even thumbtack your photos and fill the gaps with brightly coloured cardboard cut out shapes.
3. Take a surprise day trip. Surprise your special someone with a day trip somewhere exciting. If you’re in the city head to the beach or rainforest for a day out and take a picnic to enjoy while you’re somewhere different.
2. Prepare a three-course meal at home. You can whip up a restaurant quality meal for your loved one that will cost a third of the price you would pay if you went out! Yesterday we featured the perfect recipes for a delightful three-course dinner so click here to get started!
1. Enjoy sunset fish and chips by the water. Enjoying a simple take away fish and chips by the water, watching the sunset is a perfect way to spend quality time with your loved one. Head down to your local bayside, beach or river for a relaxing time together.