It’s always the situations where you desperately need a torch that you realise you should always have one handy.
Unfortunately, this revelation usually comes a little too late and by the time the situation is over you forget all about how great it would be to have a torch on you and you move on. Until the next time you need one…
Well, next time you are fumbling for the torch here is a helpful tip, your smart phone actually has a torch built into it.
As long as you have it nearby (and charged) you will have a constant source of light whenever you need!
Activating the torch could not be easier!
Here is how you do it for an iPhone:
- Press the ‘home’ button, or the ‘lock’ button on the side (or top if you have an older iPhone) to activate your screen.
- A small bar will appear down the bottom of the touch screen, swipe up and you will see a full menu.
- On the bottom left hand side you will see a torch icon, if you press that light will shine out of the flash used for the camera at the back of the phone.
- To deactivate un-press the button.
If you have a Samsung:
- If you are not using your phone already you will need to start by unlocking it.
- Slide your finger from the top of the screen down and a menu will appear.
- At the bottom of the first menu an extra arrow will appear, click this.
- You will see a torch option which you can select.