Did you know that the most common reason for pillows to turn yellow is sweat? Now that you know this disturbing fact here is how to clean your pillows and have them back to sparkling white.
You will need:
- Hot water
- 1 cup laundry detergent
- 1 cup powdered dishwashing detergent
- 1 cup bleach
- 1/2 cup borax
- Check the care label of the pillow and remove any pillow protector or casing.
- Fill the 1/3 of the washing machine with hot water, boiling water can have the best effect.
- Add the ingredients and start the machine so that they dissolve.
- Add the pillows and allow the machine to add hot water. Two pillows at a time will evenly balance the machine.
- Allow the machine to agitate the pillows for several minutes and then turn them over.
Drying your pillows
Using a low heat setting place the pillows in the dryer. Also add a few tennis balls covered in socks to help fluff the pillows as they tumble dry.
If you don’t have a dryer than simply setting them outside in the sun to dry will work just as well.