We love our homes and decorating can be one of the most satisfying things to do. Making your house a home is important, but can sometimes decorating be expensive or impossible unless done by a professional.
Fear not – there are easy, DIY tricks to making a beautiful home! Here are 15 of our favourites.
1. Use your old necklaces to make curtain tiebacks.
2. A coat of paint on the sides of your door can brighten up any room.
3. Tie shower curtains on with bows instead of metal rings that rust.
4. Use a paste of water and cornstarch to make removable wallpaper out of fabric.
5. Paint your unsightly vinyl or laminate floors – it’s easier than it looks and it lasts longer than you think!
6. If you’re hanging something heavy on your walls, use tape to measure the distance between two holes.