Crispy and cheesy, what more could you want?
With the festive season upon us, these delicious potato croquettes are a great lunch or dinner party companion.
This incredible recipe is made up of potato, parmesan and bocconcini, all working together to create a fantastic flavour that will have you coming back for more.
Easy to whip up, this recipe is also a great way to use up any leftover mashed potatoes.
- 1kg potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan
- 16 cherry bocconcini
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Vegetable oil
- Place potato in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover.
- Cook on high for eight minutes or until tender. Mash until smooth.
- Stir in parmesan. Season then cool for 15 minutes.
- Shape two tablespoons of potato mixture around each bocconcini.
- Whisk eggs in bowl.
- Combine breadcrumbs and parsley in seperate bowl.
- Dip potato in egg, then coat in breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat oil in medium frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook croquettes for five minutes or until golden all over.
- Drain on paper towel.
Feel free to serve with tomato relish or mayonnaise!