These delicious sweet tarts are surprisingly simple to make. Using pre-made tart cases, so there’s no fiddling around with complicated and difficult pastry recipes, and a super easy to make almond paste, the most difficult part is waiting for them to come out of the oven and cool before you can gobble them up!
They feature a beautiful glazed almond topping, which is just the thing to settle your sweet tooth and satisfy your sugar cravings.
- 4 pre-made mini tart cases
- 200g almond meal
- 100g sugar
- 50g powdered sugar
- 3-5 teaspoons milk
- 100g almonds, slivered
- 75g butter, unsalted
- 75g cream
- 50g sugar, extra
- 50g golden syrup
- Butter, for greasing pan
- To make almond paste, mix together almond meal and 100g sugar. Slowly add milk, stirring, until a paste consistency is achieved.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Combine almonds, butter, cream, remaining sugar, and syrup in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat once sugar has dissolved and mixture has thickened.
- Pour almond paste evenly into tart cases, and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.
- Spread glazed almonds over tops of tarts, and bake for a further 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving.