With summer in full swing, sometimes there’s nothing better than relaxing of an afternoon with a deliciously sweet and fruity treat. If you’re looking for something a little bit different to experiment with in the kitchen, this apricot jam slice recipe will work a treat.
They’re great if you’ve got grandkids who have a cake stall at school or even if you’re just looking to treat yourself or your family to a dessert that’s a little different.
- 500g plain flour
- 150g chopped butter
- 140g icing sugar
- 170g cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 250g apricot jam
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Add flour, butter, icing sugar, cream, egg and baking powder to bowl.
- Using electric beater, beat for 4 mins until smooth.
- Divide dough in half, rolling one half on baking paper. Cool in a fridge for 20 mins.
- Press other half in round baking dish. Smear jam over pastry.
- Cut chilled pastry with knife and arrange on baking dish in desired pattern.
- Bake in oven for 35 mins until crunchy and golden.
For extra flavour, feel free to serve with fruit, whipped cream and even icing sugar. You can also substitute the jam for any flavour you like.