Choosing a simple and delicious treat to offer guests on a hot summer day is no easy task, especially if you want to impress them with something new.
But it’s hard to go wrong when combining all the goodness of a crumbly cake with a zesty lemon flavour. These flavoursome brownies are bound to go down a treat with the whole house, and they’re ready in just a few easy steps. While the fresh lemon gives the mixture an extra kick, the combination of coconut, with icing sugar on top, makes them a sweet treat to satisfy the taste buds, on any occasion.
- 1 and 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
- 250g butter
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 tsp lemon rind, finely grated
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and line baking tray with baking paper. (Approx. measurements: 20 x 30cm base).
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar. Then add eggs and stir in, one at a time.
- Sift flour over mixture and keep stirring until smooth and combined.
- Stir in coconut, lemon rind and lemon juice.
- Spread mixture across baking tray and bake for around 30 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool and sprinkle icing sugar over top.