Sometimes you just don’t feel like turning on a hot oven and baking all day. Well, these no bake, no fuss oatmeal cookies are a perfect sweet treat alternative. They take minimal effort to make and are perfect for afternoon tea or dessert.
The mix of chocolate and oatmeal is perfectly paired with peanut butter for extra flavour and chewiness. Do the school run while you leave them to cool and they’ll be waiting for the grandkids on arrival. Perfect!
- ½ cup (113 grams) unsalted butter
- 2 cups (397 grams) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (120 ml) whole milk
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup (135 grams) peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups (267 grams) quick-cooking oats
- In a 1L saucepan, add butter, sugar, milk, cocoa powder and salt. Bring to boil and leave for 1 min.
- Remove from heat. Add peanut butter and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth. Add in oats.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons worth for each cookie onto a lined baking tray.
- Cool for 30 mins and serve.