If you are looking for a new healthy dish to whip up for a weeknight meal or for a special event, this noodle salad is the perfect option! This delicious dish mixes tender satay beef with carrot and pumpkin noodles for a filling yet nutritious meal.
You can cook it up for a crowd or pop it in the fridge for a quick reheated lunch the next day. Whatever the case, this meal will get your mouthwatering!
1/2 cup (125ml) coconut milk
1/3 cup (95g) crunchy peanut butter
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
4 Beef Scotch Fillet Steaks
2 x 250g packets Carrot & Pumpkin Noodles
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 spring onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup coriander leaves
Chopped roasted peanuts, to serve
Sliced long red chilli, to serve
- In a small saucepan, mix together coconut milk, peanut butter, garlic, chilli sauce and soy sauce on low heat. Consistently stir until peanut butter has melted for about 5 mins. Increase heat to high and bring to boil. Remove from heat.
- In a ceramic dish or shallow glass add 2 tablespoons of the peanut butter mixture and set aside to cool for 5 mins. Add beef and turn to coat.
- On medium high, heat a greased barbecue grill or chargrill. Cook the beef for about 4 mins either side or until you are happy with it. Move to a plate and cover with foil for 5 mins to rest. Cut into thin slices.
- Cook noodles following the instructions on the packet. Transfer to a large bowl and add oil, spring onion and half the coriander.
- Add 2 tablespoons hot water to peanut butter mixture. Continue to stir until smooth.
- Place a serving size of the noodle mixture and beef on plates and drizzle satay sauce over the top. Top with remaining coriander, peanuts and chilli. Serve hot.