Pumpkin scones are an old Aussie favourite, and these crumbly ones are a sure hit with the whole family.
Fix those mid-morning cravings with a melt-in-the-mouth scone – it’s so tasty! Super easy to whip up, this delicious recipe includes a buttery pumpkin mixture, brushed in cream and sprinkled with pumpkin seeds.
Simple and inexpensive, this recipe is great to have on-hand. Spread a generous layer of butter and enjoy!
- 2 1/3 cups plain flour
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes
- 120g unsalted butter, coarsely grated
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely grated pumpkin
- 1/4 cup crystallised ginger, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup thickened cream (plus more for brushing)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
Ad. Article continues below.
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt until combined.
- Using fingertips, rub butter into flour mixture until butter is in smaller pieces.
- Mix in pumpkin and ginger. Add cream and gently stir just until a moist dough forms.
- Turn dough out into lightly floured surface and gather together.
- Pat dough out to 16cm x 20cm rectangle.
- Cut dough into six pieces and arrange on prepared tray. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes or until chilled.
- Brush tops of scones with cream and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Bake for 25 minutes.