If you’re looking for a filling meal that everyone will love, than this mouth-watering mushroom and spinach sauce with gnocchi is perfect. This deliciously creamy gnocchi is a perfect dinner dish for guests or just yourself.
Ad. Article continues below.
There’s nothing like a creamy pasta dish for a weeknight meal or for when you’re hosting a dinner, so give this one a go next time you’re stuck for ideas!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 340 grams portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 dashes Italian seasoning
- 1 heaped teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 450g uncooked potato gnocchi
- 1 generous handful baby spinach
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped, to taste
- Heat oil in a heavy-based frying pan on medium high heat. Stir in onion and sauté for 5 mins. Add mushrooms, garlic and Italian seasoning and cook for another 5 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add Dijon mustard and white wine. Bring to boil and leave for about 1 min. Mix in cream and gnocchi. Bring just to boil then cover pan and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 3 mins.
- Add in spinach. Stir and cover again for 3 mins.
- Stir in parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Add parsley for garnish. Transfer to serving plate and top with grated parmesan. Serve.