Start a new family tradition with this mouthwatering recipe.
A classic with a twist, this easy-to-make pork and veal meatloaf will definitely be a hit these holidays.
This delicious recipe adds a Mediterranean kick, complete with fresh feta, spices and olive oil.
Great on its own, this tasty meatloaf also works well with a side of buttery mash and charred greens. It’s perfect for a family meal or as a simple dinner to heat up in the microwave a few times throughout the week.
It’s so tasty it’s hard to resit!
- 2 tbsp extra virgin oil
- 1 leek, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 200g baby spinach
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 750g pork and veal mince
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3/4 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 3/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Line a 26cm x 32cm swiss roll pan with baking paper, extending paper 1cm above edges.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Heat half the oil in large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add leek, cook, stirring for five minutes or until softened.
- Add spinach, cook, stirring for two minutes or until wilted.
- Transfer to bowl. Set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, stir in feta.
- Place mince, garlic, chilli, breadcrumbs, milk and egg in large bowl.
- Season with salt and paper. Mix well to combine.
- Press mince mixture into prepared swiss roll pan.
- Top with spinach mixture, leaving a 5cm boarder on one short end.
- Using the baking paper as a guide, roll up meatloaf from short end without boarder to enclose filling.
- Remove baking paper and place meatloaf on prepared tray.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Stand for ten minutes.
Feel free to serve with hot tomato chutney!