Remember how great Wagon Wheels used to be? While they can still be found in supermarkets, it almost feels like they don’t have the same taste as they used to.
Ad. Article continues below.
If you’re looking for a modern twist on the classic flavour, why not try whipping up some a delicious Wagon Wheel slice? It’s a bit more special than a traditional chocolate slice and perfect for the upcoming Christmas season!
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup coconut
- 125 g melted butter
- 2/3 cup raspberry jam
- 250g marshmallows
- 220g dark chocolate melts
- 50g butter
- Preheat over to 180 °.
- Grease and line slice tray with baking paper. Let paper hang over edges.
- Sift plain flower in bowl.
- Add sugar and coconut to bowl and stir until thick.
- Add melted butter to mixture and stir until combined.
- Press mixture in tray and spread evenly with spoon.
- Bake in oven for 15 mins.
- Spread jam on top of base.
- Add marshmallows to the slice.
- Place back in oven and cook for an additional 2 mins.
- Flatten marshmallows on surface while warm and allow to cool.
- Melt chocolate in microwave until runny.
- Pour chocolate evenly over the slice.
- Cool in fridge until set.
- Use a knife to cut into even pieces.
For added flavour, feel free to sprinkle chocolate pieces or hundreds and thousands over the top.