Got a bench full of scratches that won’t come out? Scuff marks on your skirting? Stubborn dirt and grime? Here’s a cleaning tool that will fix these problems and 17 other things.
They can replace several cleaning products in your home and the best part? There’s super cheap and only need water to work.
What are we talking about? Melamine magic erasers of course!
Melamine sponges are made of melamine foam, which is made up of formaldehyde-melamine-sodium bisulfite copolymer. Basically, this means that while the sponges feel like normal sponges, they are actually like an ultra-fine sandpaper, getting into tiny grooves of the object you’re cleaning. They aren’t harsh either, and replace sprays, tonics, toxic cleaners and a host of other chemical cleaners.
Here’s 20 ways to get the best use out of them:
- Remove tarnish from silver
- Remove soap scum in the tub and shower
- Remove marks on walls
- Remove adhesive residue
- Remove hair dye from countertops and floors
- Remove cooked-on stains in pots and pan
- Clean dish drainers that covered with lime and build-up
- Remove coffee and tea stains that remain inside a mug or coffee machine
- Remove melted plastic on a glass top stove
- Remove grass stains from shoes
- Clean oven door
- Remove soap scum and gunk from around the bathroom faucets, porcelain and tiles
- Clean your bicycle, even the tires and rims
- Clean inside your car (along the handles, window ledge, steering wheel, arm rests, dashboard)
- Remove stains on leather seats, purses, chairs, etc.
- Remove food stains inside plastic food containers
- Remove nail polish from walls, wooden objects, plastic
- Remove magic marker, permanent marker, and ballpoint ink from virtually any surface
- Clean inside of the refrigerator
- Remove finger prints and build-up on the keyboard and mouse
Are you using magic erasers?