There’s nothing better than a tasty, budget-friendly dinner dish that will impress even the fussiest of eaters. These tasty fritters are perfect for get togethers with large groups of hungry guests as they’re easy to make in just 25 minutes and only use everyday ingredients that you’ll likely already have in your fridge or pantry.
They’re not only perfect for those on time and budget constraints but they’re also great for anyone watching what they eat or lessening their meat intake. While vegetarian options can be hard to come by, these delicious bites are a guaranteed winner!
- 200g broccoli florets
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 green shallots, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 150g (1 cup) frozen peas, thawed
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free cornflour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Add broccoli, garlic, shallots and mint to food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add peas and chickpeas. Pulse until coarsely mashed.
- Transfer mixture to large mixing bowl. Add cornflour and eggs. Season well. Stir with spoon until just combined.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add batter, 1/4 cup at a time and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and just cooked through. Transfer to plate lined with paper towel. Repeat with remaining oil and batter. Serve.