‘I saw it in his eyes’: Borce Ristevski’s son claims he knows how Karen died

Borce Ristevski's son Anthony Rickard (left) claims he always knew his father killed Karen. Source: Twitter/7 News (left) and Facebook (right).

Borce Ristevski’s son has spoken out in a sensational TV interview to claim he knows how his father killed his step-mother Karen – and why he believed he was guilty right from the start.

Speaking in an exclusive interview with 7 NewsAnthony Rickard said he could see “in his father’s eyes” that he was guilty of killing his wife from the moment he first made a public plea for her safe return.

And, despite his father yet to speak out on what happened following his recent shock admission, Rickard also claimed to the news outlet that he “obviously choked her [Karen]” at the family home in Melbourne.

“I think he acted… out of erm, not on purpose but he did obviously choke her. She’s a tiny woman, just a little squeeze would’ve been enough,” Rickard claimed on camera. “That’s it and by that time it was too late. He didn’t think it out, he didn’t plan it.”

Rickard went on to allege that the pair had been arguing at the time and Karen had even threatened to leave her husband.

“She said ‘I’m going to destroy you Borce. I’m going to leave you with nothing’,” he claimed. “She was going to take off. She left him in a big hole financially. That house is in her name.”

Ristevski is due back in court on Wednesday for a plea hearing after he finally admitted his part in Karen’s death two years ago, on June 29, 2016.

And describing how he knew his father was guilty after watching him make a public plea for his wife on TV, Rickard told the news outlet: “I seen it in his eyes. I saw one eye s****ing himself and one eye like the Terminator, and I knew.”

“He should be doing 25 years,” he added. “He should at least get 20 and without parole. Why should he get out in 10 years? He’s taken a life 50 years short of what she could’ve lived to.”

Ristevski has maintained his innocence up until recently, but switched his plea earlier this month. Rather than pleading not guilty to murder, Ristevski will plead guilty to the lesser charge of manslaughter, the Herald Sun reported previously.

Karen, a fashion boutique owner, went missing from their Oakley Drive home in Avondale Heights, Melbourne, in June 2016, and her body was found by a member of the public in bushland in the Mount Macedon Regional Park on February 20, 2017. Her remains were found under a log in the park, but police have not publicly released her cause of death.

Her husband, who was the last person to see Karen alive, told police she left the home to clear her head after they’d argued, but after failing to return the next day, he reported her missing. Ristevski was charged with Karen’s murder in December 2017.

Have you been following this story?

Stories that matter, delivered straight to your inbox

Sign up to our daily newsletter for more great stories

Leave your comment

Please sign in to post a comment.
Retrieving conversation…