Prince Andrew’s hopes of ever returning to his Royal duties have been totally crushed after the King told him things would never return to the way they once were.
According to The Daily Mail, the disgraced Duke of York was left in tears after an “emotional and fraught” private meeting with his brother, King Charles III, who allegedly told Andrew he needed to accept that working royal life was over.
A source told the publication Andrew was “totally blindsided” and “utterly bereft” as he still believes he is still “of value” to the monarchy, despite his connection with convicted pedophile Jefferey Epstein.
“Until the face-to-face meeting with his brother, Andrew believed that there was a way back – that somehow he could be rehabilitated and play a role in The Firm going forward,” the source said.
“He came out of the meeting shaken. He is still in shock. He is completely lost and very depressed.
“Naive as it may sound, he always had hopes of regaining his position as a senior Royal.
“At the meeting, Charles told him that he can go off and have a good life, a nice life, but that his public life as a Royal is at an end. He was told, ‘You have to accept this.'”
The 62-year-old father of two had been stripped of his military titles and royal patronages earlier this year in January after his failed attempt to have a sexual assault lawsuit against him thrown out.
Virginia Giuffre, 39, an alleged victim of sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, sued Prince Andrew back in 2021 after alleging that the late Epstein flew her to New York back when she was only 17 years old to sleep with the Prince.
Andrew had vehemently denied any wrongdoing, but the Queen had ultimately decided to strip her son of his titles as the fallout from sexual abuse allegations continued.
Shortly after the bombshell announcement, Andrew paid off the financial settlement to Giuffre and formally ended his sexual assault civil case in the US.
Since then, it is understood that Andrew’s former wife, Sarah Ferguson, and his daughters, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, have stayed by his side.
Even the Archbishop of Canterbury had come to the defence of Prince Andrew, previously telling ITV News the Prince was seeking to “make amends” for indiscretions.
Despite losing the trust of his family, Andrew is still receiving his publicly funded round-the-clock police protection.
His entitlement to police protection was reviewed shortly after his court settlement, with the Executive Committee for the Protection of Royalty and Public Figures (RAVEC) concluding he “is still entitled to police bodyguards” whenever he leaves his home.
Without his military tiles and royal patronages, Andrew will not be attending next week’s Remembrance Sunday service at the Cenotaph with his family.