Singer Tom Jones has postponed his US tour after receiving medical advice from his doctor.
The 77-year-old made the announcement on his website, but failed to share the exact reason for the health concern.
“Following medical advice, Sir Tom Jones has announced that he will unfortunately be postponing his US tour, which was due to commence in Bethlehem, PA on Wednesday 6th September,” a statement on his website reads.
“Dates are being re-scheduled for May and June 2018 and all tickets will remain valid for the new dates, details of which, will follow as soon as possible.
“Tom sends his sincere apologies to his fans and looks forward to seeing them all again in 2018.
“Any customers wishing to get a refund should contact their point of purchase.”
Jones only announced the tour in June and had planned to play a whopping 21 shows across 13 states.
It’s been a tumultuous year for the Sex Bomb singer whose wife Linda died of cancer in 2016.
The pair had been married for 59 years and were in love until the end despite Jones’ well-documented affairs.
The singer has been open about his adultery, but said he and Linda had “a solid marriage that nothing could shake”.
While promoting his new autobiography, Over The Top and Back, last year he told GQ editor Dylan Jones that losing Linda “was the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life”.
“When my wife passed away I didn’t know if I would be able to sing again. It was devastating,” he said.
He said he found hope again after being reinstated as a judge on The Voice UK.
“Thank god I’ve a chance to come back and prove I really belong on this show,” he said.
“I’ve got back on the stage. That first step was a big one. Now I realise music is saving my life.”