‘Rust’ shooting: Police issue search warrant for Baldwin’s phone

Dec 17, 2021
Police have issued a warrant for Alec Baldwin's phone. Source: Getty Images.

A search warrant has been issued for Alec Baldwin’s phone after the fatal shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of Rust, court documents show.

In the dramatic development, the warrant was issued by a Santa Fe court in New Mexico relating to an iPhone “believed to be in his (Baldwin’s) possession”. The court is seeking access to key conversations between Baldwin and an unnamed person. Representatives for Baldwin have not provided a comment on the latest revelations.

The latest update comes after Alec Baldwin broke his silence and gave his first formal on-camera interview with Good Morning America earlier this month. The teary-eyed Baldwin told journalist George Stephanopoulos, “…I didn’t pull the trigger…I would never point a gun at anyone and pull the trigger at them, never”.

While rehearsing a scene for the upcoming film, Rust, a gun Baldwin was holding allegedly fired, accidentally killing cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and injuring director Joel Souza.

It was revealed on October 27 by the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office that the prop gun allegedly used by Alec Baldwin was allegedly loaded with a live bullet.

During a press conference, Sheriff Adan Mendoza said the “lead projectile that was fired has been recovered from the shoulder of Mr. Souza”.

“We also believe that we have the spent shell casing from the bullet that was fired from the gun,” he said.

Baldwin took to social media shortly after the incident to convey his “shock and sadness regarding the tragic accident that took the life of Halyna Hutchins”.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Alec Baldwin (@alecbaldwininsta)

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Alec Baldwin (@alecbaldwininsta)

Leave your comment

Please sign in to post a comment.
Retrieving conversation…
Stories that matter
Emails delivered daily
Sign up