Here’s another recipe to use up any of those leftover Christmas roast vegetables. This roast vegetable frittata is so easy to prepare and it tastes delicious!
It’s also a recipe low in salt and sugar, and free of nuts, seafood and wheat.
- 3/4 cup vitamin D fortified soy milk
- 750g pumpkin, peeled, deseeded
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 450g zucchini, halved lengthways, sliced (about 2 zucchinis)
- 60g low-fat feta, crumbled
- 60g baby spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 eggs
- Preheat oven to 200C. Cut pumpkin into 2cm cubes and place into an 8-cup baking dish. Drizzle with oil and toss until coated. Roast for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Add zucchini and onion. Stir to combine. Roast for 10 minutes or until all vegetables have softened.
- Whisk eggs and milk in a bowl. Season to taste. Stir in half of the spinach and half of the feta. Pour over vegetables and gently stir to combine. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until set and golden. Serve with remaining spinach and feta and crusty bread.