Use up some of your Christmas leftovers with this delicious turkey recipe! I’d recommend serving with potatoes or pasta.
It’s an ideal way to make the most of your leftover roast turkey.
- 50g butter
- 100g button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 100ml white wine or dry sherry
- 200ml chicken stock
- 150ml double cream or crème fraîche
- 800g leftover boneless cooked turkey, chopped into chunks or shredded
- Small bunch of parsley, chopped (optional)
- Heat butter in a deep frying or sauté pan until sizzling, then add mushrooms and fry for 4-5 minutes until softened. Sprinkle over flour and stir until a paste forms. Cook for a few more minutes.
- Splash in wine or sherry and let it bubble for a minute, then stir in stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and stir in the cream. Season, then stir in turkey. Simmer until turkey is heated through, then remove from the heat and stir in parsley, if using.
- Serve with pasta, mash or even rice.