There’s few things as good as a comforting chicken dish and this mouthwatering apricot chicken is one of the best out there. With budget-friendly ingredients and a quick and easy method that’s made even better with the help of the slow cooker, this delicious dish will have you and everyone who tries it heading back for seconds. Serve with a side of greens and enjoy!
- 8 chicken thigh, excess fat trimmed
- 40g pkt French onion soup mix
- 410g can apricot halves, drained
- 405ml can apricot nectar
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken, skin-side down, and cook for 3 minutes or until golden. Turn and cook for a further 3 minutes. Transfer to the bowl of a slow cooker. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Sprinkle soup mix over chicken. Add apricot halves and pour over apricot nectar. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Use tongs to transfer chicken to a warm oven tray and cover with foil to keep warm (alternatively, pop the tray into a preheated 180C/160 fan forced oven, without the foil, for 5-10 minutes). Increase slow cooker heat to high. In a bowl, mix cornflour with 1 tablespoon of water until smooth. Add to slow cooker and stir to combine. Cover and heat for 5 minutes. Stir again.
- Serve chicken and apricots with rice.