This mouthwatering beef curry is absolutely perfect for a hearty weeknight meal. With just a handful of quick and easy ingredients and almost no effort when it comes to preparation, this easy dish is one of the best low maintenance treats.
Your family and friends will instantly fall in love with the super versatile meal that you can serve up for either dinner or even just a special lunch but so long as you have it on top a bed of fluffy rice – you’re good to go! Enjoy!
- 50g butter
- 2 brown onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric ground
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chilli powder, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fenugreek
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1kg piece beef rump steak, fat trimmed, cubed
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 2 curry leaves
- Steamed Basmati rice, to serve
- Pappadums, to serve
- Melt butter in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add onions. Cook for 2 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, ginger and spices. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add beef. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned.
- Add coconut milk, curry leaves, and salt and pepper. Bring to the boil. Cover. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 1 hour 15 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Serve with rice and pappadums.