These super simple rissoles are a great option if you’re looking for a last-minute dinner treat, thanks to how incredibly quick they are to whip up. Requiring just a few easy ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen, you won’t have to struggle to cook this dish perfectly.
Not only is it easy, but it’s also a healthier meal that won’t leave you feeling heavy and over-fed. It’s also perfect for an easy lunch, served with a simple garden salad or inside a burger bun if you’re looking for something a bit more filling!
- 425g can tuna in spring water, drained, flaked
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white long-grain rice
- 1 zucchini, trimmed, grated
- 125g can corn kernels, drained
- 1/4 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine tuna, cooked rice, zucchini, corn, cheese and breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Add egg, tomato sauce, sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce and sour cream. Stir until well combined.
- Using 1/4 cup of tuna mixture at a time, shape mixture into 10 balls. Place on a tray and flatten slightly. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Lightly coat rissoles in flour.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat until hot. Cook rissoles, in batches, for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Serve.