These simple blueberry tarts use ready-made pastry to make the baking process a whole lot easier. With just four easy steps, you won’t be able to get enough of these tasty tarts – topped with a perfectly fruity coulis!
- 3 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 300g fresh blueberries or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
- 1 tsp arrowroot
- 1/2 cup (140g) thick Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup (60ml) thickened cream, lightly whipped
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease six 10cm loose-bottomed tart pans. Cut out 6 rounds from pastry and use to line pans. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Prick pastry with a fork, then line with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or uncooked rice. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove weights and paper and bake for a further 3-4 minutes until pastry is golden and crisp. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, place berries, sugar, vanilla pod and seeds in a saucepan with 1/4 cup (60ml) water over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Cook for 2-3 minutes until berries start to break down. Mix arrowroot with 1-2 tablespoons water until smooth, then add to berries, stirring for 1-2 minutes until slightly thickened. Set aside to cool.
- Fold yoghurt and honey through cream, then divide among tart cases. Top with berry coulis and serve.