Is it even a party if no one serves sausage rolls? This beef and pork sausage roll recipe takes the humble Aussie favourite to the next level. Have some kewpie mayo and barbecue dipping sauce on-hand to really jazz things up!
- 400g pork sausage mince
- 300g beef mince
- 1 brown onion, coarsely grated
- 1 carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup continental parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 3 sheets frozen puff pastry, just thawed
- 1 tsp salt flakes
- Combine pork sausage mince and beef mince, onion, carrot, garlic, breadcrumbs, parsley and 1 egg in a bowl. Season. Mix until well combined, it should be a little sticky to touch.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Lightly whisk remaining egg in a bowl.
- Cut puff pastry sheets in half. Place one-sixth of the mince mixture along centre of each piece of pastry. Brush 1 long edge with egg. Fold pastry over to enclose the filling, pressing to seal. Cut each roll into thirds.
- Place sausage rolls, seam side down, on prepared trays. Brush pastry with egg. Use a small sharp knife to pierce the tops a few times to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 35 minutes or until cooked and golden.