This dish is not only incredibly quick and easy, but it also tastes absolutely delicious! Better still, it’s a healthier option for those looking to enjoy a crumbed fish without the help of the deep-fryer, as this version is baked to perfection.
If you’re looking for traditional fish and chips style, but don’t want to ruin the healthy dish with greasy potato chips, try making homemade sweet potato or zucchini chips as a better replacement. Don’t forget a generous squeeze of lemon juice to top it off and you’re good to go! Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup fresh multi-grain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 (about 200g each) thick white fish steaks (such as blue eye or kingfish)
- olive oil cooking spray
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200C. Combine breadcrumbs, parsley, parmesan, lemon rind, and salt and pepper in bowl. Stir to combine. Drizzle mixture with oil. Stir until breadcrumbs are coated in oil.
- Press breadcrumb mixture onto flesh-side of fish fillets to form an even topping.
- Place fish, skin-side down, onto a baking tray. Spray with oil. Bake for 15 minutes or until crumbs are light golden and fish is just cooked through. Serve topped with lemon wedges.