Staying true to their name and reputation, these delicious biscuits truly do melt in your mouth from the very first bite! Baked to perfection and with a tasty passionfruit twist – you won’t be able to stop indulging in the unique flavour.
This super-easy recipe only takes around 30 minutes to bake, leaving you with the perfect treat for guests or even to pack away for lunch. No matter where you take them, simply serve them up alongside a hot cuppa and you’re good to go!
- 125g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (115g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (45g) pure icing sugar
- 1/3 cup (50g) cornflour
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- Passionfruit filling
- 60g butter, softened
- 1 cup (150g) pure icing sugar
- 1 passionfruit
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line baking tray with baking paper. Add butter into a bowl. Beat with an electric mixture until pale and creamy. Add flour, icing sugar, cornflour and lemon rind. Stir with a wooden spoon until combined and thickened.
- Tear off teaspoon sizes of mixture. Roll mixture with hands into a ball. Place on lined tray evenly separated. Dust fork with cornflour. Gently flatten dough with back of fork to 2cm diameter disc. Bake for 15 minutes until cooked through. Set aside to cool completely.
- To make filling, place butter in mixing bowl. Use electric mixer to beat until pale and creamy. Add icing sugar, passionfruit pulp and lemon juice. Beat to combine.
- Spoon filling into a piping bag. Pipe a small amount of mixture onto underside of biscuit. Top with another biscuit to make a sandwich. Repeat with all remaining biscuits. Serve.