These delicious fruity tarts are absolutely perfect as the nights start to heat up! With a fresh and creamy filling that’s topped off with summer berries, this dish is the perfect dessert for any kind of special occasion you have coming up.
And with a completely dairy-free ingredients list, this healthier treat won’t leave you feeling guilty afterwards! These are best served fresh however if needed, you can store the cream in the fridge for a few days before serving. Enjoy!
- 1 1/4 cups (185g) plain flour
- 1/3 cup (40g) almond meal
- 2 tbs icing sugar mixture
- 100g Nuttelex spread
- 1 egg yolk
- 500g frozen chopped mango
- 1 large frozen banana, coarsely chopped
- 1½ cups (375ml) unsweetened almond milk
- Sliced mango, to serve
- Sliced strawberries, to serve
- Blueberries, to serve
- Torn raspberries, to serve
- Honey, to serve
- Process flour, almond meal, icing sugar and Nuttelex in a food processor until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg yolk. Process until dough just comes together. Turn onto a floured surface. Shape into a disc. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 mins to rest
- Preheat oven to 200C. Grease six 11cm round fluted tart tins with removable bases. Divide the pastry into 6 portions. Roll out each portion on a lightly floured surface to a 3mm-thick disc. Line the tins with the pastry. Trim the excess pastry. Place in the fridge for 30 mins to rest.
- Line the pastry cases with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or rice. Bake for 15 mins. Remove the paper and weights or rice. Bake for a further 10 mins or until light golden. Set aside to cool completely.
- Place the chopped mango, banana and almond milk in a clean food processor. Process until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Divide the mango mixture among tart cases. Top with sliced mango, strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. Drizzle with honey. Serve immediately.