Turn your leftover Christmas ham into a delicious light brunch or lunch, with these ham and corn fritters.
You can serve with rocket, sour cream and/or sweet chilli sauce.
- 250g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil, to drizzle
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup finely chopped leg ham
- 420g can corn kernels, rinsed, drained
- 1 small red capsicum, finely chopped
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- Sunflower oil, to shallow-fry
- Preheat oven to 180C. Place tomatoes on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Roast in the oven for 5 minutes or until they start to split.
- Meanwhile, sift flour, baking powder and 1 teaspoon salt into a bowl with the sugar. Beat the egg and milk in a jug until well combined. Add to the flour, then stir until you have a smooth batter. Add ham, corn, capsicum, spring onion and chives, then stir to combine. Season to taste.
- Heat 2cm sunflower oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Using a heaped tablespoon of batter for each fritter, add 3-4 spoonfuls to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes each side until golden. Keep warm while you repeat to make 12 fritters in total. Serve with tomatoes, rocket, sour cream and chilli sauce.