Microwave cakes are the absolute best dessert option for those busy weeknights when you’re absolutely exhausted but still craving something sweet. However, more often than not, it can be hard to find a version of this recipe that isn’t chocolate flavoured.
But now this mouthwateringly zesty lemon microwave cake is here to save the day! Whip it up in no time at all and enjoy the delicious flavours as a refreshing and sweet treat for after dinner. Enjoy!
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 75g butter, melted, cooled
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, finely grated
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Pure cream, to serve
- Icing sugar mixture, to serve
- Grease 7cm-deep, 6-cup-capacity, heatproof, microwave-safe baking dish. Combine flour and 1/2 cup sugar in a bowl. Make well in centre. Add butter, milk, egg, rind and 1/4 cup juice. Whisk to combine. Spoon mixture into dish. Smooth top.
- Combine boiling water, remaining sugar and lemon juice in a jug. Pour over back of a large metal spoon to cover batter.
- Place dish on a microwave-safe rack or upturned dinner plate. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH (100%) for 8 minutes or until a skewer inserted into edge of pudding comes out clean. Carefully remove from microwave. Dust with icing sugar. Drizzle with cream. Serve.