These delicious bite-sized treats are the absolute best for morning or afternoon tea to go alongside a hot cuppa. Not only do they have an addictively good flavour but they’re also some of the easiest biscuits to whip up in no time at all!
With just 11 easy ingredients, you will have no trouble perfecting these biscuits. And, while they definitely taste best when they are still warm from the oven, they can easily be baked in bulk and thrown in the freezer to be reheated and enjoyed at a later date!
- 3 x 200g white chocolate, chopped
- 200g butter
- 2 eggs
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 175g golden caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 350g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 100g dried cranberry
- 100g macadamia nut, chopped
- Heat oven to 180C. Melt 170g of the chocolate in heatproof or microwave safe bowl. Allow to cool. Beat in butter, eggs, sugars and vanilla with electric hand whisk until creamy. Stir in flour, baking powder, cinnamon and cranberries with two-thirds of the remaining chocolate and macadamias, to make a stiff dough.
- Use tablespoon to drop small mounds onto large baking dish, spacing well apart, then poke in reserved chocolate, nuts and berries. Bake in batches for 12 mins until pale golden, leave to harden for 1-2 mins, then cool on a wire rack.
- To freeze, open-freeze raw dough scoops on baking trays; when solid, pack into freezer container, covering layers with baking parchment. Use within 3 months. Bake from frozen for 15-20 mins.