If you ever want to get on my good side, bake me a lemon meringue pie. However, if you have limes on your kitchen counter instead of lemons, I will settle for a key lime pie. This recipe is so easy! It has a mere six ingredients and you’re going to be done and dusted in under 30 minutes.
Key limes have an extra tart flavour and they are more yellow in colour, which is why the pie has a lemon-looking appearance. The citrus splash is perfect for the spring and summer months, so save this one for a social gathering and wow your friends and family.
- 1 packet digestive biscuits, crumbed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup key lime juice
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Mix digestive biscuit crumbs, sugar and butter well. Press mixture into an 20cm pie plate. Bake for 7 minutes.
- While crust is baking, make the filling by combining condensed milk, sour cream and lime juice in a bowl.
- Once crust has baked, pour filling over the crust and return to oven for 5-10 minutes. When you see small bubbles forming, the pie is done. Do not let your pie brown.
- Allow to cool before serving.