If you’re looking for a dinner treat to impress your guests with – once we’re all allowed to gather together again – then you can’t go past these mouthwateringly good Moroccan-style Turkey meatballs. With such a quick and easy method and some super accessible ingredients, you have to give this recipe a go!
Although the flavourful meatballs are the stars of the show, you will be pleasantly surprised when you try just how good the citrus couscous tastes alongside it. So serve this dish up for dinner or lunch, or pack it up and take to a picnic if you’re feeling a bit adventurous! Enjoy!
- 500g pack turkey mince
- 2 tsp each chilli powder, ground cumin and ground coriander
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 onion, coarsely grated
- zest 1 orange, then peeled and orange segments chopped
- 250g couscous
- 250ml hot chicken stock
- 2 tsp olive oil
- small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- In a big bowl, mix the mince, spices, onion and orange zest together really well with your hands. Roll the mixture into about 20 walnut-sized meatballs.
- Put the couscous in a bowl, pour over the hot chicken stock, cover with cling film and leave to stand for 10 mins.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. add the meatballs and fry, turning often, for about 12 mins until browned all over and cooked through.
- Fluff the couscous up with a fork, stir in the chopped orange, coriander and some seasoning. Pile onto plates and serve with the meatballs.