Have you ever come across an easier recipe? These jam turnovers are made from squares of puff pastry and your favourite jam. You can sprinkle over a little raw sugar, or do what I did and dust with icing sugar.
Serve with cream, custard or ice-cream. They are delicious on their own (hot or cold) too!
- 320g puff-pastry sheets
- 2 tbsp jam (apricot, raspberry, and strawberry work well. I used cherry)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Ice-cream, cream or custard, to serve
- Heat oven to 200C.
- Unravel puff-pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface. Cut pastry into six squares.
- Spoon jam into centre of each pastry square.
- Seal edges by pressing down with a fork and brush with egg.
- Lay out on a lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool before dusting with icing sugar. Then serve with ice-cream, cream or custard.