This is a fantastic meal for warming you up. I got the recipe from an Irish friend of mine, but I’ll accept that doesn’t necessarily make it ‘authentic’.
In addition to it being a healthy and hearty dish, I also liked that any leftovers could be frozen for another day. Having the odd freezer meal available is great when you’ve got nothing on the go.
You can serve this dish with some pickled red cabbage or some slices of crusty bread.
- 1 tbs olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 1.2kg lamb neck (or shoulder), in 4cm dice
- 2 carrots, chopped into 4cm pieces
- 2 sticks celery, chopped into 4cm pieces
- 6 each rosemary and thyme sprigs
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup (125ml) white wine
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
- 2 Desiree potatoes, chopped into 4cm pieces
- 5 eschalots, peeled and halved