If you’re a football fan you might be on the hunt for some tasty foods to dig into during the grand finals this weekend. And as you’re cheering on your favourite team, no one wants to be stuck with a knife and fork in hand, which is why a good set of finger foods is fairly important.
These quick and easy potato and mince sausage rolls have everything you want! They’re cheap to make in bulk, easy to whip up and taste so good that everyone who tries them will be asking you for the recipe – making them perfect to enjoy while watching the big game!
- 500 g sausage beef mince
- 3 potatoes cooked mashed
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 pinch mixed herbs
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 handful parsley chopped
- 1 packet shortcrust or puff pastry, defrosted
- Add mince, potatoes, onion, carrot, herbs, salt and pepper, curry powder and parsley to a bowl. Mix together using clean hands.
- Slice pastry into 3 equal strips. Spread mince along pastry strip.
- Dampen edge with water and roll up to close. Press wet side down to stick. Repeat with remaining mix and pastry.
- Cut rolls to size and bake at 160C until pastry is golden brown.