Got some cheese leftover from the festive season? Use it to make this scrumptious brie, pear and onion tart.
The pear and cheese are perfect partners. You can also substitute the pear for apple.
You can serve this dish hot or cold.
- 320g pack ready-rolled all-butter puff pastry, defrosted at room temperature if frozen
- 1 tbsp olive or canola oil, plus a drizzle
- 3 large onions, halved and sliced
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar, plus a splash
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Small bunch of thyme, leaves picked, plus a few sprigs to serve
- 1 pear
- 100g cranberry sauce (or chutney)
- 175g brie, sliced (or other cheese)