Prince Harry and Meghan to ditch Sussex Royal branding for future endeavours

A spokesperson for Prince Harry and Meghan has confirmed the couple will ditch their current branding. Source: Getty

It’s been six weeks since Prince Harry and Meghan announced they would be stepping down as senior members of the royal family, and now the couple will have to make further alterations to their future plans, with reports they will ditch their current branding.

Currently, the pair use the brand Sussex Royal on their official Instagram page and website. However, after much deliberation, they’ve decided to let it go, with a spokesperson for Harry and Meghan confirming the news to multiple publications.

Previously, reports had claimed they were planning to trademark the brand for their future endeavours, including the creation of clothing and stationery, as well as campaigning and charitable fundraising. But, since then have conceded the word royal shouldn’t be used, as they will no longer carry out official duties on behalf of the Queen.

“While the duke and duchess are forced on plans to establish a new non-profit organisation, given the specific UK government rules surrounding the use of the word royal, it has been therefore agreed their non-profit organisation, when it is announced this Spring, will not be named Sussex Royal Foundation,” a spokesperson said, according to reports. “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex do not intend to use ‘SussexRoyal’ in any territory post-spring 2020.”

The news follows reports Prince Harry and Meghan will be free of the royal family’s ties from April 1, with the couple set to carry out their final official engagements during a trip to the UK next month.

According to Hello! magazine, Harry and Meghan will no longer represent Her Majesty the Queen, either at home or overseas, after that date as they will no longer be classed as working members of the royal family.

Harry and Meghan are expected to return to the United Kingdom next week with the prince scheduled to attend the Invictus Games Choir Visit on 28 February alongside Jon Bon Jovi. Both the duke and duchess are then expected to make an appearance at the Endeavour Fund Awards on March 5, which recognises wounded, injured and sick service personnel and veterans who have used sport as part of their recovery.

Prince Harry is then due to attend the official opening of the Silverstone Experience on March 6, and the couple will attend the Mountbatten Music Festival at the Royal Albert Hall the following day, reports Hello! A spokesperson for the Sussexes also told the news outlet that Meghan will mark International Women’s Day on March 8 in some capacity.

Join the community that will get you through the hard times ahead.

Starts at 60 is the community you need when Covid-19 is changing life as we know it. We stick together, help each other, share information and have a whole lot of fun online.

Join for interactive online events, expert advice, timely news, great deals and community conversation.

Do you think Harry and Meghan have made the right decision for their family?

Please sign in to post a comment.
Retrieving conversation…
Stories that matter
Emails delivered daily
Sign up