Borce Ristevski’s daughter Sarah has penned an emotional character reference for her dad following his guilty plea of manslaughter of her mother Karen.
The tear-jerking statement, which was made public by the Supreme Court of Victoria on Wednesday, detailed the “unexplainable love” the family shared and their ongoing support of one another, Nine News reports.
Despite claims the relationship between Borce and Karen had been “tumultuous”, Sarah said the three were “inseparable” growing up and “family was everything to them”. She explained how tough it has been to hear the speculations about her parents since her mother’s death.
“The love we had for each other was unexplainable, and everyone in our lives saw it,” the statement reportedly said.
“The love they had for each other from people who were not a part of their lives, and I can’t stress enough how this has affected my dad.”
The 23-year-old went on to say how well-liked her dad was throughout the community and how many people had looked up to him.
Sarah described Borce as a “well-respected” man who always gave out advice and a supportive husband to Karen.
She also shared how difficult her life has been since her mum’s passing, claiming she just wants to share the truth of what her dad was like.
“The circumstances have left me without both my parents, and I know there is nothing that I can do to change that but all I can try to do is communicate the truth of how good of a dad and husband he was to my mum and I,” Sarah wrote.
Her heartbreaking statement follows claims from Borce’s son that he knows his father killed his step-mother Karen – and why he believed he was guilty right from the start.
Speaking in an exclusive interview with 7 News, Anthony Rickard said he could see “in his father’s eyes” that he was guilty of killing his wife from the moment he first made a public plea for her safe return.
And, despite his father yet to speak out on what happened following his recent shock admission, Rickard also claimed to the news outlet that he “obviously choked her [Karen]” at the family home in Melbourne.
— 7NEWS Melbourne (@7NewsMelbourne) March 26, 2019
“I think he acted… out of erm, not on purpose but he did obviously choke her. She’s a tiny woman, just a little squeeze would’ve been enough,” Rickard claimed on camera. “That’s it and by that time it was too late. He didn’t think it out, he didn’t plan it.”
Describing how he knew his father was guilty after watching him make a public plea for his wife on TV, Rickard told the news outlet: “I seen it in his eyes. I saw one eye s****ing himself and one eye like the Terminator, and I knew.”
“He should be doing 25 years,” he added. “He should at least get 20 and without parole. Why should he get out in 10 years? He’s taken a life 50 years short of what she could’ve lived to.”
Karen, a fashion boutique owner, went missing from their Oakley Drive home in Avondale Heights, Melbourne, in June 2016, and her body was found by a member of the public in bushland in the Mount Macedon Regional Park on February 20, 2017. Her remains were found under a log in the park, but police have not publicly released her cause of death.
Her husband, who was the last person to see Karen alive, told police she left the home to clear her head after they’d argued, but after failing to return the next day, he reported her missing. Ristevski was charged with Karen’s murder in December 2017.