If you’re looking for a quick and simple weeknight meal then you just can’t go past this super easy lasagne. With the help of the slow cooker, this once difficult dish is now fuss-free, requiring just a few steps and less than an hour of preparation time.
As the perfect crowd pleasing recipe, you can serve this up to any and all guests. Simply throw it all in the bowl of the trusty slow cooker and forget about it while the machine works its magic to create the deliciously cheesy end product. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1kg pork and veal mince
- 90g (1/3 cup) tomato paste
- 125ml (1/2 cup) red wine
- 680g jar bolognese pasta sauce
- 250ml (1 cup) chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 250g pkt dried lasagne sheets
- 600ml carton pouring cream
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 300g (3 cups) coarsely grated three cheese mix
- Fresh curly parsley leaves, to serve
- Heat oil in large frying pan over high heat. Cook mince, stirring with wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 10 minutes or until mince changes colour. Add tomato paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute to coat. Add wine. Cook for 1 minute or until wine evaporates. Add pasta sauce, stock and oregano. Season. Simmer for 10 minutes or until reduced slightly.
- Meanwhile, whisk cream and eggs in bowl until well combined. Season. Stir in 2 cups cheese.
- Grease insert of 3.5L slow cooker. Spread thin layer of mince mixture over base. Cover with layer of lasagne sheets, breaking sheets to fit, if necessary. Drizzle one-fifth of cream mixture over lasagne sheets and top with one-quarter of remaining mince mixture. Continue layering with remaining lasagne sheets, cream mixture and mince mixture, finishing with layer of cream mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Cook on Low for 3 1/2 – 4 hours or until the lasagne sheets are tender and liquid is mostly absorbed. Carefully remove the insert from slow cooker. Set aside, covered, for 10-15 minutes to rest. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve.