These tasty chicken drumsticks are such an easy and affordable option for dinner and best of all they’re a breeze to whip up. The meat on the inside is soft and tender while the outside is super sticky and delicious. The Asian flavours mean they’re perfect with rice and steamed greens, making them a great healthy choice to kickstart the year with, too.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Kecap Manis (available at your supermarket)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1kg Lilydale Bulk Drumsticks
1. Preheat oven to 200C. To make the marinade, place honey, kecap manis, oyster sauce, soy sauce sesame oil and garlic in a bowl, and mix to combine. Add the chicken legs, toss to coat, cover and set aside for 15 minutes to marinate.
2. Transfer chicken and marinade to a roasting tin, roast for 45 minutes, turning chicken every 15 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
3. Serve chicken with coconut rice and steamed greens.
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.
Submit your article here