A seven-year-old Australian boy is missing after being separated from his mother in the Barcelona terror attack on Thursday afternoon.
Julian Alessandro Cadman was caught up in the carnage as a van tore down the city’s popular Los Ramblas tourist boulevard, killing 13 and injuring more than 100 people.
Julian’s mother Jom is in hospital in a serious but stable condition. The Cadman family have taken to social media in a desperate effort to locate Julian, sharing a photo of him across their individual Facebook pages.
“My cousin, Julian Alessandro Cadman is missing,” wrote George Cadman. “Please like and share. We have found Jom (his Mum, my cousin-in-law) and she is in a serious but stable condition in hospital.
“Julian is 7 years old and was out with Jom when they were separated, due to the recent terrorist activity. Please share, especially if you have family or friends in Barcelona.”
The ABC reports the boy’s father, Andrew Cadman, said he had spoken to the pair several hours before the attack.
He is flying to Barcelona tonight to search for his son.
The Department of Foreign Affairs confirmed earlier today that four Australian were injured in the frenzied attack.
Foreign Minister Julie Bishop told reporters two people had been seriously injured, including Jom Cadman, while two male Aussies had been treated and discharged from hospital.
At the time, Bishop told reporters one Australian was still missing. That person is now believed to be Julian.
The Cadman family asks that as many people as possible share their photo of Julian, especially if you know someone travelling in Barcelona, to help find him.