Various butter products have been urgently recalled from Woolworths, Coles, and several other independent retailers over fears of potential microbial contamination.
Food Standards Australia announced the recall in a statement, which included Devondale and Woolworths Butter ranges.
“Saputo Dairy Australia Pty Ltd is conducting a recall of various butter and spreadable butter blend products. The products have been available for sale nationally at various outlets including Woolworths, Coles, ALDI, independent supermarkets and Costco,” a statement said.
“Consumers should not eat these products. Consumers should return the products to the place of purchase for a full refund.
“The recall is due to a potential microbial contamination. Food products with a microbial contamination may cause illness if consumed.”
⚠️ Food Recall ⚠️Saputo Dairy Australia Pty Ltd is conducting a recall of various butter and spreadable butter blend products due to a potential microbial contamination.
— FoodStandardsAusNZ (@FSANZnews) January 19, 2022
The following products have been recalled:
• Devondale Salted Butter 250g: Best before 18 May 22; 4 June 22.
• Devondale Salted Butter 500g: Best before 30 April 22; 1 May, 22; 24 June 22.
• Devondale Salted Butter 3 x 500g: Best before 1 May, 2022.
• Woolworths Butter Salted 250g: Best before 16 October, 21; 21 April 22; 12 May 22; 13 May 22.
• Devondale Unsalted Butter 500g: Best before 30 April, 22.
• Devondale Dairy Soft Original 500g: Best before 6 Jan, 22; 6 April 22; 11 May, 22; 12 May 22; 26 May 22.
• Devondale Dairy Soft Salt Reduced 500g: Best before: 10 May, 22.
“Any consumers concerned about their health should seek medical advice,” Food Standards Australia said in a statement.